Images and Events, Inc. is the responsible party that is promoting and organizing the Anime Washington convention. The “event” is from Saturday, January 27 through January 28, 2024. Any questions about these rules and regulations can be made to wastateanime (at) gmail.com.
LOAD IN is Friday, January 26th from 7 am to 9 pm and Saturday, January 27th from 6 am to 9 am. All vendors must be completely set up and at their booth by 9:30 am on Saturday morning. Any vendors whose tables remain unoccupied at 9 am and have not contacted Images and Events, Inc. with sufficient reasoning are in breach of contract and forfeit their tables.
LOAD OUT is Sunday from the close of the event (5 pm) until 9 pm. Please DO NOT expect to leave your merchandise past 9 pm on Sunday.
Vendors with proper badges have access to the show floor Friday, and one hour before opening on Saturday and Sunday, and one hour after close on Saturday.
Any vendor wishing to participate in Anime Washington must agree to and acknowledge these rules and regulations:
1) Business License – All vendors should have a Business License in their respective states of business. Each vendor is operating as an independent business renting floor space from Images and Events, Inc. and is responsible for paying their own business and sales tax. In order to conduct business in the State of Washington, you need a UBI number or temporary UBI number. To get a temporary UBI number, click on this link: Temp UBI Number application. If you do not have a UBI number, a temporary license may be issued on your behalf by the Department of Revenue.
Images and Events, Inc. and Anime Washington are bound by RCW 82.32.033 in operating a special event.
2) Vendor agrees to remain set up until the end of the show. NO EARLY BREAKDOWN or vendor risks the exclusion of future events produced by Images and Events. Packing up prior to closing time is NOT permitted.
3) No booth space is guaranteed until full payment is received.
4) Booth Refunds – No refunds will be granted for any reason. If you cannot attend the show, contact Images and Events, Inc. one month before the event and we will give you a credit toward our next event minus a 25% surcharge per booth. A no-call and/or no-show will forfeit their booth space without credit or refund.
5) Bootleg, Counterfeit
The sales of Bootleg or Counterfeit products are prohibited. Counterfeit or Bootleg products are fake replicas of the real product. Counterfeit products are often produced with the intent to take advantage of the superior value of the imitated product. It includes the forgeries or imitations of clothing, accessories, bags, shoes, watches, jewelry, electronics (both parts and finished products), software, works of art, toys, or movies. Selling these types of goods results in patent infringement or trademark infringement.
The sale of any merchandise that violates United States and International Trademark or Copyright Laws is prohibited at Anime Washington. All items must be legally permitted to be sold in North America and the state of Washington. Anime Washington reserves the right to require Exhibitors to remove all unauthorized merchandise, up to and including ejecting Exhibitors for failing to do so.
At no time does Anime Washington allow the sale of unauthorized works, including traced works, and artwork sold without express permission from original artists and/or licensors. If challenged, Artists must be able to prove their work is their own and/or authorized creation.
6) AI Artwork, Fan Art, and Unauthorized Work
Anime Washington will continue to support original art and the creators of original art. We will be prohibiting the sale of AI-generated artwork in the exhibit and artist alley areas created using sourced content that the seller does not hold legal rights to at our events.
Examples include fully AI-generated art, AI-assisted art, the editing of AI-generated art, overdrawing of AI art, or the use of AI art in any manner. Artists and/or vendors with questionable items will be asked to remove them from the hall. Failure to remove any item when requested by the staff will result in ejection from the event and forfeiture of the exhibit space without refund.
Fan art may only be sold inside the Artist Alley. If selling fan art, you must be an artist within the artist alley section of the hall and the artist must be present at the table during all hours the exhibit hall is open to attendees.
The proxy selling of artwork is not allowed without permission from the showrunners. It is expected that the art that is being sold was created by the artist and not reproduced and sold on their behalf. It is expected that the sale of art directly benefits the artist.
7) Adult Media
Adults and young children both attend this show. No inappropriate behavior, language, or conduct will be tolerated. Please keep any adult-related materials out of sight from or within reach of children.
Hentai, yaoi, yuri, and all 18+ merchandise must be clearly marked, in proper containers, and properly censored if on display. Anime Washington reserves the right to restrict merchandise deemed unacceptable, including forms of blatant nudity or sexuality, etc. Child pornography in any form is prohibited by law and will be reported to law enforcement officials.
The display or sale of 18+ Adult or mature content merchandise to persons under 18 years of age is illegal. Exhibitors are solely responsible for ensuring that the handling, viewing, and sale of adult-themed merchandise is restricted to persons aged 18 and older. Exhibitors will require verification of age using valid identification before any sale and must bag/package said merchandise in a non-transparent bag upon sale.
8) Vendor Badges – Vendor ID badges will be issued upon registration at load-in. Additional vendor ID badges will be available closer to the event. Vendors must wear ID badges at all times Friday through Sunday at the show. Exhibitor staff personnel wishing to enter the exhibit floor must wear a badge at all times during the show. Only booth personnel with a vendor badge can enter the event prior to event hours and are allowed after the stated event closing time. Any vendor caught sharing their badges to prevent paying for admission or an additional vendor badge will be charged immediately or banned from vending at future shows.
Exhibitor badges grant no special access to any restricted or ticketed areas at the event. Additional purchases will be required for vendors to attend certain events and activities within the event such as closed panels, event gaming, VIP Dinner, and others as indicated by the event staff. All purchases must be made in advance along with the general public attendees.
9) Parking – Parking is available to vendors and exhibitors on a first come, first served basis. The City of Tacoma and Greater Tacoma Convention Center have available parking that can be paid for on-site. Special arrangements can be made Vehicle access inside the fairgrounds will be available on Thursday and Friday mornings for loading and unloading only. All vehicles must leave the fairgrounds one hour prior to the event opening to the public.
10) Safety and Security – Images and Events, Inc. is not responsible for any injuries that may occur during the show. All Vendors are responsible for their own merchandise. If your product is broken or stolen during the show, it is not our responsibility. Any damage to the building by a vendor is the sole responsibility of the vendor. Vendors release Images and Events, Inc. from any and all liability.
Images and Events, Inc., the Greater Tacoma Convention Center and Events Center, and Pierce County Security will take every effort to protect your merchandise beginning Friday at load-in to load-out on Saturday. Pierce County Security maintains a 24-hour presence at the Fairgrounds. The event will feature multiple gate attendants and additional uniformed and off-duty security as needed for the safety of our vendors, facility, and attendees.
11) Food Sellers – Vendors may not sell any food or drink products that are not pre-packaged and properly labeled. Certain food products may need Convention Center approval or be required to pay a food buyout.
12) Service Animals – Vendors are not permitted to have animals in the buildings at any time except for properly identified ADA Service Animals unless expressly invited by the organizers of the show.
13) No display, materials, or signage may protrude into the aisles or encroach upon neighboring booths. The maximum height of any booth must not exceed 12’ in height unless permission was granted in the approval process. No obstruction may be placed outside your designated booth space or in any aisle or passageway. The vendor may not have obstructions to any fire extinguishing appliances. Images and Events reserves the right to not allow any booth display or signage that is deemed unsafe prior to or during the show.
14) The layout of the booths and tables for this event has been approved by the fire marshal. Vendors may not move or trade tables without permission and written approval.
15) Images and Events, Inc. reserves the right to deny access to anyone at our sole discretion from exhibiting, assisting with, or attending the show.
16) Exhibitors shall not sublet, share, assign, or delegate any space allotted to them, without the prior written consent of the Anime Washington Organizers. Such subletting, sharing, assigning, or delegation thereof without Anime Washington’s prior written consent will be cause for removal and termination of the exhibitor and subletting exhibitor.
17) No illegal drug use is permitted at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center. Smoking or drinking alcohol is NOT permitted on the grounds of the Greater Tacoma Convention Center at any time except in designated and licensed areas set aside exclusively by the Greater Tacoma Convention Center.
18) Images and Events, Inc. reserves the right to deny a table rental to any individual without providing a reason for such denial.
19) Any form of solicitation (including flyers or coupons) for shows, booths, or businesses other than those presented by Images and Events, Inc. will not be permitted inside or outside of the event facility without prior written approval. Violators are subject to immediate removal from the show and may be prohibited from attending future events at the sole discretion of Images and Events, Inc.
In the event, any of these rules are broken, and you must be removed from the show, you agree to forfeit all fees and monies paid for your vendor space, tickets, and badges. No refunds will be offered nor should be expected.
Vendors must agree to all of these Rules and Regulations.