Disability Assistance Program (DAP)
Anime Washington has an unwavering commitment to providing a welcoming, inclusive environment and accessible experiences for our attendees. As part of this commitment, the Disability Assistance Program (DAP) is offered at the convention to assist attendees who have difficulty with extended waits in a conventional queue environment due to a disability.
DAP doesn’t provide immediate access to celebrity guests but rather provides attendees with a disability a Queue Time for a specific guest that would be comparable to the current standby wait. This allows attendees to utilize DAP instead of physically waiting in the standby line for a guest. A DAP pass holder will enter through the VIP entry at their designated Queue Time.
- The attendee who is requesting DAP must be present during registration at the ADA table.
- Once registered, a DAP Attendee is eligible for the duration of their Admission Ticket.
How does the Disability Assistance Program (DAP) work?
- Go to the Anime WA Headquarters (Booth 101) directly inside the main entrance of the show floor on the 5th floor.
- One of the Anime WA crew members will ask you a few questions and get you registered into our system.
- Once you need a pass for a Queue Time, let one of the crew members know which celebrity you would like and they will issue the next available slot for that guest.
- Head to the celebrity autograph area at the designated Queue Time listed on your DAP pass.
- Show your DAP pass to one of the Anime WA Crew members managing the line. They will check your card and direct you to the DAP line for that celebrity. Hang on to your card!
- After you have received your autograph, head back to the Anime WA Headquarters and return your DAP pass. This allows you to be issued another DAP pass for a different celebrity.
- When you are ready, just return to the Anime WA Headquarters for another pass!
Can I get more than one Queue Time?
Yes, but not at once. DAP Attendees may have only one active Queue Time issued concurrently. Once a Queue Time has been used and redeemed, return the card issued back to the Anime WA HQ (Booth 101) and obtain another Queue Time for a different guest.
What if I decide that I no longer want a guest’s autograph?
An unused Queue Time may be returned to Anime HQ and this would allow for a new Queue Time to be issued to a DAP Attendee for a new Guest at the show.
What if I miss the time listed on my DAP card?
There is a 30-minute window on a DAP card. If you miss that window, you will need to return to the Anime WA Headquarters to have a new card issued.
What if I need a later time or can’t make the time I was issued?
Unfortunately, we do not schedule out times. DAP passes are issued based on the current volume of the guest’s line and the guest’s schedule. If you need a later time, you will check in with the Anime WA Headquarters to see what times are currently being issued.
Can my friends join me?
Singular friend – yes, Plural friends – no. Passes for Queue times allow for a plus one for help and support the attendee with a disability. The DAP Attendee has been granted this access and not the plus one. This doesn’t mean that the plus one can not purchase any items along with the DAP Attendee, but if we find that the plus one is taking advantage of the system that we have built, we may limit the opportunity for future DAP Passes.
Will you run out of DAP passes for a certain guest?
We hope not, but it is a possibility. Depending upon a celebrity’s schedule, we can not issue a DAP pass for later than a celebrity can stay. Once a line is capped, our passes are capped too.
What happens if statements made by an attendee to obtain a DAP are found to be not true?
If Anime Washington determines that any of the statements an attendee made while obtaining DAP are not true, the Guest will NOT be granted any further Queue Times for this show and other shows that we produce.