Any person applying for Artist Alley at Anime Washington must agree to and acknowledge the standard Vendor Rules and Regulations. Click Here to read those.
Additionally, any person applying for Artist Alley must agree to and acknowledge these specific Artist Alley Rules and Regulations below:
Statement on AI:
Anime Washington continues to support original art and the creators of original art. We will be prohibiting the sale of AI-generated artwork created using sourced content that the seller does not hold legal rights to at our events.
Examples include fully AI-generated art, AI-assisted art, the editing of AI-generated art, overdrawing of AI art, or the use of AI art in any manner. Artists and/or vendors with questionable items will be asked to remove them from the hall. Failure to remove any item when requested by the staff will result in ejection from the event and forfeiture of the exhibit space without refund.
Artist Alley Overview
The Artist Alley at Anime Washington is a special area that has been set aside and curated for anime artists and limited writers and small publishers of the genre. The area has a limited number of spaces.
The Artist Alley at Anime Washington is not a place for crafters or makers. Crafters and makers will be considered on the Exhibit floor only.
There will be a high volume of interest in the Artist Alley tables, and we will not be able to approve the application for every artist who applies for the Artist Alley. If you are not accepted, you will be waitlisted and might still have a chance for a table.
All applications will be jury reviewed, considered, and scored via a standard rubric factoring the artist’s craft, creativity, execution, appeal to Summer Con attendees, social media influence, successful past participation, and previous efforts of promotion. Our jury process allows us to curate an Artist Alley that has a selection that is varied, meaningful, inspiring, and exciting for attendees while also being balanced and profitable for the artists. All decisions made by the jury will be final.
Fan art may only be sold inside the Artist Alley. If selling fan art, you must be an artist within the artist alley section of the hall and the artist must be present at the table during all hours the exhibit hall is open to attendees.
The show floor will have people of all ages. Any art depicting adult content and express nudity need to be covered and accessible to adults only. The intent is not to censor the art but to maintain a family-friendly environment at the show. The sale of 18+ adult or mature content to persons under 18 years of age is illegal. Exhibitors are solely responsible for ensuring that the handling, viewing, and sale of adult-themed art is restricted to persons aged 18 and older. Exhibitors will require verification of age using valid identification before any sale and must bag/package said merchandise in a non-transparent bag upon sale.
The proxy selling of artwork is not allowed without permission from the showrunners. It is expected that the art that is being sold was created by the artist and not reproduced and sold on their behalf. It is expected that the sale of art directly benefits the artist.
One full Artist Alley Booth will be 8 feet wide and 6 feet deep. It will include one 8-foot by 30-inch skirted table, one chair, and two Weekend Exhibitor Badges. A Premium Booth on the corner includes the same contents and features.
- All set-ups and/or displays must not interfere with neighboring tables to either side or behind the Artist’s table. Any and all set-ups or displays may not block any of the aisles. Displays are permitted up to a maximum of 8’. Wireframes are permitted but must be stable and secure.
- An Artist’s display may not extend beyond the front or sides of the table, and cannot extend more than 3 feet behind the table. Booths will back up to another artist, so please be courteous. There may be a 3′ pipe with a drape separating the tables.
- The skirted table must remain parallel to the aisle with the skirt facing out.
- Due to space limitations, only two individuals are allowed behind each artist’s table at any time. Only those persons wearing an Artist badge will be allowed to sit behind the table. If you have a helper, your helper must have an Artist badge.
- Third Parties selling art is considered “proxy selling”. Selling by proxy is not permitted in Artist Alley or in Exhibitor Booths at Anime Washington.
- Table sharing between individual artists is not allowed. Artist Alley Booths are non-transferable.
- Artists are expected to maintain a presence at their assigned booth during show hours.
Any artist who is found to be in violation of this policy will be removed from the Artist Alley with no refunds. No exceptions will be made unless permission is granted by Anime Washington in writing prior to the show.